Westside Taxis – Privacy Notice
Westside Taxis (“we”,“our”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Westside (Stafford) Limited is a limited liability company established in England with a registered office at 1st Floor 10 Victoria Road, Stafford, Staffs, ST16 2AF (“Westside Taxis”) and for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) if you book services as a passenger is the data controller.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data or usage information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with your use of our website at www.westsidetaxis.com (the “Website”) or our services. Please read this notice carefully so that you understand your rights in relation to your personal data, and how we will collect, use and process your personal data. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice in general or any part of it, you should not access the Website or use our services.
What types of information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Information you give us.You may provide information by contacting us via our Website or by email, telephone, social media or otherwise.
- CCTV information.Some of our vehicles are fitted with outward-looking dashboard cameras. These dashboard cameras do not film inside the vehicles, and they do not record audio, but your image may be picked up by them when you enter or exit the vehicle.
- If you use our services through your company, information provided to us by your employer. In the case of our corporate customers only, your employer may provide us with information about you when it signs up to use our services, for example your name and business email address.
- Information provided to us by a third party and/or collected from public records in the case of fraud or suspected fraud. In the case of fraud or suspected fraud, we may obtain information from third parties and from public records to prevent and detect fraud.
To perform our contract with you, we will use your information:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with transportation and/or courier services;
- to create records of bookings and to send you booking acknowledgments, confirmations, receipts and invoices; and
- to maintain records of lost property.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services and organisation, we will use your information:
- to detect and prevent fraud and crime;
- for reporting and data analysis purposes;
- for insurance purposes;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations imposed by Stafford Borough Council and any other licensing authority where we provide services;
- to meet customer service requirements and for complaint handling and feedback;
- to monitor and assess the quality of our service;
- to pass on feedback such as ratings or compliments about our drivers;
- to contact you via telephone or email regarding your bookings;
- to identify our users;
- to personalise our services for you, for example, to provide you with an accessible vehicle where you request such a vehicle;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
How do we share your personal data?
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Privacy Notice. We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- Our insurance company and claims handling companies, for the purpose of investigating and settling any insurance claims;
- Our drivers are provided with your details so that they may contact you regarding your booking.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospectivebuyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
The security of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
How long do we store your personal data?
To determine the retention period of your personal data, we consider several criteria to make sure that we do not keep your personal data for long than is necessary or appropriate. These criteria include:
- the purpose for which we hold your personal data;
- our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to that personal data, for example any financial reporting obligations and our regulatory obligations to Stafford Borough Council and other local licensing authorities;
- any specific requests from you in relation to the deletion of your personal data; and
- our legitimate business interests in relation to managing our own rights, for example the defence of any claims.
We will retain your information as follows:
- records of bookings, lost property and complaints for a minimum of 6 months (we are required to retain such data to comply with our regulatory requirements).
You have rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We have described these situations below, as well as how you can exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Access: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with.
- Correction: You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data, save for storage.
- Objection: In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information (e.g. where you request correction or erasure, you also have a right to restrict processing of your applicable data while your request is considered). You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the Information Commissioner’s Office or the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and shouldbe addressed to email@example.com. You can also write to our Data Protection Officer at Westside (Stafford) Limited, 150 Newport Road, Stafford, ST17 2EZ, firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning +44 (0)1785 213665.
Last updated: 24rd May 2018